Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How really works a Rank Cintel ?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Carlos8's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    How really works a Rank Cintel ?

    Does these machines works at slow frame rate (i.e. 8, 10 fps)?
    To each film frame corresponds a viedo frame? (frame to frame synchronism)?

    Carlos.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that they go at a very high frame rate. I think my colorist said that he can run through my footage at about 70/80fps. I don't know if that is just for timing or for the Xfer itself.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    I'm finding this thread to be quite bizarre so far.

    -Alex

  4. #4
    Inactive Member crimsonson's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2001
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A Rank Citel works by scanning a each frame with a 'flying spot electron beam.' It uses a 3:2 pulldown system to achieve 30fps. Basically, every fourth frame is doubled. I am unsure how fast it actually does this.

    [This message has been edited by crimsonson (edited May 23, 2001).]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Carlos8's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    OK, I undestand.
    That?s would means that each frame is captured individually, and to each film frame corresponds a video frame without mixture.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •